Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What's for lunch this week

Most weeks I try to pre cook so that I have fast "convenience" meals throw in the microwave for a minute and it is done. But this week most of my work is here at the house so I am taking advantage of being home most of the week and cooking for lunch. I still have a busy week but it takes no time to throw this lunch together... it is also a nice, easy, weekday dinner idea.


To make this super fast, healthy, easy lunch I place a piece of aluminum foil about the size of a cookie sheet on a cookie sheet. In the middle of the foil I put about a third of a bag of frozen green beans, a frozen flounder filet, a little sea salt and pepper and a shot of lemon juice. Close the foil up around the food seal it by twisting the edges and bake at 425 for about 20 min. This is only around 150 calories, so this isn't even enough food to call a meal. (I try to keep my meals between 300-400 calories) Today I had this with a protein coffee drink (130 calories) that leaves me a few extra calories for a little dessert ;) Maybe a peppermint patty...not sure yet but I want something chocolate so we will see ;)


Easy as pie.... start frozen.....
...20 minutes later... a light healthy lunch is served!



BTW you could do the same thing with chicken I am not a huge seafood fan but I do like this. I hope you have a healthy lunch today!

No comments:

Post a Comment