Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Trying to get "skinny" is as absurd as trying to get "fat"!!!

I am sitting here watching Dr Oz show on dying to be thin. This breaks my heart! I think this world we live in is SHIT!!! Why are we so fucked up over our image in the mirror?? Yes, I am trying to lose weight, and yes, I like being able to shop in the "normal" stores, finally after so many years of not being able to. But NEVER t0 be skinny!! I hope if you read this and you take any advice from what I am doing you are only doing it to help yourself get healthy, at 5'4 over 220 lbs with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes... I was unhealthy. I get up and work out because I want to be healthy. I watch what I eat because I want to be healthy. To me "skinny" is as ugly of a word as anything!

My heart breaks for these women. I watched as this woman said "I look in the mirror and I don't know how I let it get this far" that is where I was only on the other end of the spectrum! I am not bashing these women, I understand that this is an illness, same as when I would binge until I was sick.

Trying to get "skinny" is as absurd as trying to get "fat"!!! Skinny isn't sexy! Bones are not sexy! A strong healthy woman.... now that is sexy! The roundness of breasts, the fullness of thighs, and heck even the roundness of a tummy on a woman's body is all sexy. If you are using my weight loss as inspiration to get "skinny" go away! I am serious! I want to be the healthiest me I can be. I want you to be the healthiest you that you can be. I want all of us moms to get off of the couch, move our bodies and find ourselves again!

No comments:

Post a Comment