Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Little swaps=big changes!


You don't put it on overnight you can't take it off overnight... that's true it isn't easy to get it off but I have learned that little swaps help... these are two breakfast sandwiches ham, egg and cheese on english muffin but... one is

320 calories 15.5 grams of fat and only 1 gram of fiber... the other...
190 calories 3.5 grams of fat and a whopping 8 grams of fiber!

The swaps, the first one we have a regular english muffin, a whole egg, 1 slice of turkey (lunch meat, just think of what it would be if we added sausage!) 1 slice of American cheese

the other we have the light multi grain english muffin (8 grams of fiber... keeps you feeling fuller longer) an egg white, same slice of turkey as on the other, and in place of the sliced cheese I have a wedge of laughing cow garlic and herb cheese. I tried this one day and I was so happy with it... it is very good with the egg. I also have spinach on mine, but I didn't add it into the nutritional info cause I know not everyone likes spinach. This is my breakfast all week this week... I have a busy week ahead of me and I need something fast and easy. I nook this sucker, I cook the egg with the spinach and ham 30 sec, flip 30 more sec and you are done toast up the muffin spread the cheese on and you are good to go.

And the mornings when I am very hungry I add a grapefruit to it (100 calories) or I will make 2 open faced sandwiches half the ham in one egg white, half in the other I get to eat 2 for only 35 calories more! Think about this, I can have 2 open faced sammies, and a whole grapefruit for the same 320 calories that you will eat in the one "regular" sandwich! And I promise you, you can make this faster that you can go through the drive through and buy one at Mc Donalds! AND it tastes way better!

No comments:

Post a Comment