Friday, February 24, 2012

My food for the week

I get questions about what food I eat a lot. So I thought I would start posting my meal plans on here. I have NO training in this! This is what I came up with after talking to my doctor, nutritionist and trainer, that mixed with what I like to eat. Some weeks is better than others, it just depends on what kind of week I have ahead.

First I need to explain dinners.
Dinners I make what the family is going to eat and I try to eat smaller portions if it isn't the healthiest. Or take a little protein and salad. I really only plan out breakfast lunch and snacks with my meal plan.
So this week here is what I will be eating...

Breakfast~
Sat~ English muffin sandwich (1 Egg, 1 slice cheese, 1 English muffin)
Sun~ English muffin sandwich
Mon~ Steal cut oats, sugar free maple syrup 1 egg (poached, boiled or scrambled)
Tues~ Omelet (2 egg whites, 1 whole egg, sauteed onions and peppers, 1 slice ham diced, and feta cheese)
Wed~ Steal cut oats, 1/4 cup canned pumpkin, sugar free syrup
Thur~ Coffee protein shake (piano day, so I need a fast breakfast that I can eat on the go)
Fri~ Omelet


Lunch~
I precook lunch for the week, sounds difficult but it isn't. I keep it right about 300 calories per lunch. This week I will roast 1 bag of mixed veggies, and 2 bags of broccoli and that will be split up to 7 containers. I think this week we will do mini chicken meatloaves I cook them in muffin pans to keep them the same size.. I will post the recipe when I make them later this weekend. They are high in fiber and actually pretty tasty! (for being meatloaf ;)

Snacks~

Coffee protein shake (1 coffee mugs worth of cold coffee, 1 scoop protein powder (chocolate is what I like) ice, blend up and it is better than any overpriced chocolate coffee drink ;)

sunflower seeds (I buy the box of small bags and one bag will usually get me through the day they are so salty)

cocoa roasted almonds (my FAV snack these days!)

And for those hormonal days when I feel like I can't stop eating I try to always keep sugar free jello in the pantry, I can eat a HUGE amount for very little calories because sometimes more is just more when you are a recovering emotional eater!

No comments:

Post a Comment