Monday, February 20, 2012

Lets do this thing!

It has been suggested to me by a few friends now that I should blog this journey of mine...I wasn't sure if it was a great idea, it can make you very vulnerable to put these kinds of struggles out for the world to see. If my journey, struggles, achievements and even failures can help someone out there who is struggling with this then it is all good. I suppose for those of you who are not friends of mine yet I should start at the beginning....well a concentrated version of it I will elaborate on it later I am sure ;)
This was me... on a good day when I had spent hours on my makeup and hair, wearing one of the most dreadful undergarments that suck you in, you all know what I am talking about and if you don't this might not be a blog that you will understand, or enjoy.
I worked out before I got on the scale I was too scared to see what it said. But when I had lost a bit and I finally got on the scale the number was just under 220. I wish I had stepped on the scale earlier I didn't get to celebrate what I had lost because I didn't know where I had started. So if you are starting this journey I would suggest, as scary as it is, step on the scale, measure your body and take pictures of you. There were very few pictures of me at this weight, I hated being in front of the camera, but when you get to where you are going it is awesome to be able to see where you started!


















Below is me now, I still have a ways to go, (the dress hides a tummy and the jacket hides the arm flab) there are still days I hate food for having such control over me, it is still a struggle for me, some days more than others but I have learned that it is a struggle that is very worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment