Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The pre summer break chaos

This time of year a few things always sound good to me.. nice big salads, light grilled dinners, fruit, cool fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers...but the last few weeks for a few reasons we have been running around like chickens with our heads cut off... so instead of the healthy grilled chicken and salad that I am actually craving I have settled for $5 hot and ready pizzas because they were faster...usually if I know a week is going to be stressful I will try to pre cook over the weekend. But even the last few weekends have been so packed... There is NO excuse not to eat healthy, there really isn't but I make excuses and some how justify running 5-10 minutes one way to pick up pizzas (that would be 25-30 minutes total right?!?) when I could throw a chicken breast in some aluminum foil, set the oven to 400 and have a healthy, less expensive, much tastier meal in the same amount of time.

Yesterday I went to the store with the mind set that this week is gonna be crazy and I really need the scale to move! (I feel a bit like I am spinning my wheels lately.) I bought chicken breast, mixed veggies, and plenty of foil so when I am feeling the fast food for dinner pressure I can make a healthier/tastier alternative. With as little clean up as tossing out a pizza box ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment