Thursday, April 19, 2012

long time no see.... sorry for that

I am sorry for such a long time in between posts.... my world is going about a million miles an hour and I am trying desperately to keep up with it all.

So what have you missed? Not much my life isn't all that exciting but...

I went home to see my dad, THAT was incredible awesome and very hard for me. Long story short I don't speak to my mother, but I still hear her hateful comments in my head all too often. The woman my father remarried is amazing. She knows how hard I have worked on this journey of mine and every meal we had at her home she had a huge healthy amazing salad on the side because she was trying to be supportive of my goals. It was amazing to have someone in a mother roll, not to tell me how big my hips were, or to suck in my stomach...amazing for her not to sabotage my efforts, but instead go out of her way to make sure I had what I needed to eat there. She is an amazing woman and I am very happy that she is in my life.

I wish I could say that even after that wonderful time I was able to stay %100 on track but we were after all traveling and visiting other people and eating some things we should not have. I put on 4 lbs on that trip. It was very frustrating, I just got the scale to move in the right direction before I left then it crept back up. But that is life...when routines are messed up you will gain a little, you will eat the stuff you shouldn't and you won't be able to workout like you should. If you let these things knock you down then you are not ready to take this journey, because you are going to fail more times then you succeed. You are going to reach for goals and feel like you always land just shy of them.

Since getting back home I have gotten back on track... I tell you what though that week off from the gym kicked my ass!! Getting back up to where I want to be in the gym is just now happening. But it is happening and THAT is the important thing!!

This morning at the gym was the best workout I have had in a while. My shoulders are a bit sore from my routine and my legs felt a bit like jelly after I finished my cardio but it was incredible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment